Friday, March 7, 2014

Samsung clearly misses the mark... by a little

I'm back with another blog for charlies techlist season 2. I'm am writing this on my galaxy note2 and not dictating this on a smart watch at the California DMV.. #kmn...
After seeing Samsung's announcement of the new refresh for the galaxy gear line, Samsung unveiled what we thought the galaxy gear watch should be. After somewhat of a year in disappointment,  Samsung was going to recapture what we had hoped for in the smart watch.... and it failed yet again.
The new galaxy gear shows the same direction of what the second generation should be after the first is released. Smaller, faster and quicker processing and refined user experience but it is still not what the techies would want to see in a smart watch, or at least what get a ton of hits on the Web.
I can't speak for everyone but what I want for the smart watch comes down to this, don't give me the same thing as the Sony,  Pebble and other watches that look the same. I am not going to dictate to my watch this blog post or post pictures.  What I want is somewhat of the glass experience on my wrist. Dynamic and curved with updates on my wrist similar to the notification screen pull down but better.
But wait....
Samsung quietly released Galaxy Fit to the Mobile World Congress expo and receive the awards for this gadget. The galaxy fit is a bracelet that has a heart monitor, notification screen and other functions with S-Health that is displayed on a curved screen.
This is what we want the smart watch to be, but a little wider and a portrait orientation so we don't consistently turn our heed in a weird angle to read the time and date.
In my opinion the galaxy gear is what we need in a smart watch and what the future design should be. In my opinion the galaxy gear design will be phased out and replaced by the fit design because there is really no reason to carry to similar products that with not that similar price points but close enough.
So in my opinion I would either get the Samsung galaxy fit or wait to a Google watch surfaces, but if you can wait I would sit back and let all these horrible design filter out until the one you want is released. .
That's my opinion and I am just sayin....
Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment