Thursday, May 15, 2014

Filter the Noise - Twitter announces Mute and how to declutter your social media

Twitter has announced that it has enabled a new feature on its social media  app that can filter the unwanted noise of social media posts.

Twitter has now implemented a "Mute" Button that can silence peoples posts so it doesn't clutter your feed without unfollowing them. Im sure a lot of people are like me and use multiple platforms of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Tumblr etc.) and since many of these media platforms are connect through another social media platform you tend to follow the same people. This brings up a problem I haven't seen addressed yet....

HOW DO I UNCLUTTER MY SOCIAL MEDIA FEED??? I SEE THE SAME POSTS IN EVERY NETWORK!!

I follow my friends and family on most of the social networks, except the best one (Google+ because no one is on it taking Selfies Foodshots of their lunch and workout updates and Memes, thankfully!) and I see redundant posts and pictures of the same things because people use apps to share to multiple networks at the same time, this is also true for celebrities and also businesses that you follow.

Not that I am the Social Media Expert but I like to follow different people on different platforms so each platform I get a different experience.

Family = Facebook
New People that are interesting = Google+
Tumblr = things I Stalk
Instagram = Not Family because they post the same stuff on Facebook
Twitter = Stores, businesses and news people.

By separating the social networks I don't have a feed that is redundant and I am not seeing the same things over and over again. I spend a lot of time on Social Media to build a following and I also post different content to different sites because I don't want to be redundant and also you should not treat all social media the same.

Pics of your Family = Facebook
Motivational Material and interesting pics = Instagram
Google+ = Informative Material on marketing and other stuff
Twitter = a good mix of stuff - usually involves tagging people and use of  hashtags.

In closing don't feel that you have to follow everyone on every platform, most people are not that interesting and just want to post pictures of themselves all the time on every network nor are posting different content and material to different networks... That's okay, but I don't want to see it everywhere!

Thanks for Reading!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment