Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Congrats Apple!!!! You are now the maker of the FREE Phone!!!

This is truly a BIG EVENT!!!! Not that this is news, however this is more of a realization than news. Maybe I have the perception of Apple wrong the whole time. I mean...I'm am not an employee, I dont know a lick of marketing, I am just an enthusiast when it comes to technology.

I was visiting my parents last week for breakfast, before going my uncle told me to input my information in his cellphone for some marketing projects. the first thing that he said was "I only have the cheap free phone". I am not saying that whoever owns that phone, that this is a reflection of them. However I think this is a reflection of the company that makes it.

I happily typed in my information into an iPhone 4 and passed it along. I think that is one GREAT phone, just in general, and now everyone can experience this, even the people in the free market! My first thought is... This is awesome! My second thought was.... when did Apple ever give out its hardware for free? or this cheap? I know people are going to say "Its not free, you still pay taxes!!" and "you still need a data plan and that costs money!" Those people are missing the point. Its not about the phone being free, its about the company who is providing the free phone.

There are three types of people: the people who was with Apple before the rise, the people who hopped on the wagon, and the people who are late to the party and are now on board. Apple, you have always been innovative and your followers always paid top dollar for an apple products, the perfect example is the iPod, because I can go all day on the Macbook Pros and the iMacs. if people wanted an mp3 player they could shell out 30 bucks and get a sony "whatever" at Best Buy, but people wanted an ipod and paid 10 times that amount to own it. People have always viewed Apple as not only a great product, but even a better value and we are willing to shell out cash to have it!
In my view, owning or being apart of the Mac world stated something about you, and their marketing team reinforced that earlier when developing the line of mac product. If you have a Mac then you were different and special than the "Windows" people, you stod out and their products stood out. And now it is sorry to say Apple... Now you are fallen into the same category of "free phone", and what is so special about that???? 

No comments:

Post a Comment