Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Galaxy Note 3 vs the Nexus 5... Why I still give the Note 3 the Edge

My friend was in the AT&T store this weekend and he asked me this plain and simple question... which phone should I get? I replied and ask him "what did the salesmen tell you"... he said "for the best Google experience go with the Nexus 5". I told my friend "he is just doing what you want him to tell you, this is not a recommendation". So if you are Glass Explorer, like we are, and if you have a contract upgrade coming up soon, like we have, then this is probably the blog for you.

I am not going to tell you what the specs are for these phones as cnet and any other blog writer will post that, this blog is informational and is intended to help you make decisions, and avoid this AT&T sales guy who will sell you any phone you are interested in.

The reason I would go with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is that if you want the extra real estate, this is a one up for Samsung. the versatility of the S Pen, though it's not used as much as you would want it to be and I loose it more than I use it, its still nice to have. The added functionally of the S Pen Features is quite nice and also the fact that the Note 3 is powerful enough to run multiple app side by side at the same time (and if you root the phone and install Windows Manager from the Play Store you can run any 2 apps side by side).

The other reason why the Galaxy Note 3 gets the nod over the Nexus 5 is the fact that the Galaxy Gear is only compatible with the Note 3 (and soon the Note 2 and Galaxy S4). The Galaxy Gear (thou is an intro product and I don't recommend to buy it, however is the best smart watch on the market). I would give the Nexus watch the recommendation over the Galaxy Gear, but since I am writing this Blog post today, currently Google has not released it, but plans on it coming soon.

Kit Kat update 4.3 is one of the major upgrades that I would give over the Galaxy Note 3... However with the ability to side load the Kit Kat operating system to gain most of the functionality, but the hardware of the always on mic is really cool, this is the Galaxy Note3 most of everything with a very large upside and the Nexus 5 only 1 clear advantage.

However if the phone companies offer the Nexus at a contract rate that is discounted.... well then its back to the drawing board!!!

Thanks for reading!!!

#charliestechlist #galaxynote3 #geekosystem #geekosphere #charlieschecklist #charlieseanez


No comments:

Post a Comment