Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The iPad2 is still a beast

Hello, sorry I havent posted in a while, I have been consumed with holiday shopping and a slightly dislocated finger which has pretty much put the stops to a lot of my blogging and social media updates. Anyways... with Apples release of the iPad Air, the consumers are needing more and more performance out of their tablets.. but I say why?

As I took my iMac to the Apple Store, I upgraded my computer before i posted not to upgrade to OSX Mavericks, and I noted that even the Apple Genuis Bar Employees process and perform their diagnostics on the iPad2 and not the latest and greatest iPad Air. This got me thinking, if these new iPads are sooo much better than the previous models, why isn't Apple using their own flagship product and using a device that is older and slower, the iPad2? I will tell you what the worker told me... The iPad2 is a beast

Now I am all for the new retina screen, the mini size ipad, (which I prefer) however how can Apple stay on the iPad 2 and pushing everyone to the newer models to everyone else? Probably because we (well most of us) have to have the latest and greatest all the time! Now I know that they arent runing programs that could take up all the performance processing that some users would but the principal should be the same.. If this is what they are selling, and they are telling you to trade up for the new versions, and the new hardware is far superior to the old hardware... the why arent they using it?? just something to think about...


The specifications of the iPad2 is adequate for 99% of the users out their who use tablets. In my opinion the iPad2 is still better than most tablets on the markets, while Samsung will give the iPad2 a run for its money, is it still better the the iPad2???? tough call. I guess the point here is that the iPad2 is still a superior tablet on the market as stores still sell them new, also the newer iPads are better however now its how much better are you willing to pay for? My suggestions is to show restraint and ride this iPad to the end.. however I know that is the opposite of what they are thinking? Only if we could freashen up the tablet a bit...and that is why Google is right where it needs to be...
After telling this to an employee at the AT&T store, she stated that they still use iPad 2 to run their operations, my response is "Well you are AT&T, not Apple. I dont see you talking an a flip phone do I?

Thanks for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment